Transparent renewal price
The transfer price is the renewal price, with no second-year jump.
Move a domain here from another registrar, keeping the time you paid for and adding a year.
Bring a domain registered elsewhere under this account: one renewal price, one control panel, one support desk, and no loose ends when you want to move again.
A transfer does not interrupt your website or mail, as long as the nameservers stay where they are. A transfer changes the registrar, not the DNS.
Sign in to your current registrar, turn off the lock if it is on, and copy the EPP or auth code.
Enter the domain and the code on the transfer page, then check out.
The current registrar emails the registrant address; follow its instructions promptly.
Usually 5-7 days. The term extends and the domain appears in My Domains.
The transfer price is the renewal price, with no second-year jump.
The order shows which stage the transfer has reached.
The lock is reapplied once the transfer completes.
Submit many domains and their codes in one go.
A rejected transfer says why - locked, wrong code, no confirmation.
The registrar changes; the nameservers do not.
Included where the ending allows it, replacing your details in the public lookup with proxy details.
Turn the domain into a site: pick a template, swap the content, bind the domain, publish.
Send and receive from your own address, so what customers see matches the brand.
On success the term is extended by a year from the existing expiry date, with a few exceptions.
| Ending | Transfer | Renewal |
|---|---|---|
| .com | $5.10 | $2.80 |
| .net | $1.48 | $7.33 |
| .org | $3.06 | $5.61 |
| .io | $9.56 | $12.24 |
| .co | $1.53 | $2.80 |
| .xyz | $8.92 | $5.99 |
| .dev | $1.91 | $2.17 |
| .app | $1.91 | $11.73 |
| .ai | $7.01 | $2.45 |
| .me | $4.83 | $5.20 |
| .shop | $3.19 | $4.46 |
| .online | $1.27 | $4.46 |
Miss one and the transfer is refused
Registrars label that switch in different ways - transfer lock, domain protection, transfer prohibited. It is the same setting.
Each step waits on somebody
If your registrar releases early - some offer an accelerated release - it finishes well inside 5-7 days. If it has not completed after 7 days, it is almost always stuck on the confirmation email or the lock; send us the order number and we will look.
| Stage | Usually takes | Who acts |
|---|---|---|
| Submitted and paid | Immediate | You |
| Transfer raised with the registry | Minutes | Us |
| Confirmation email sent | Minutes to 1 day | Your current registrar |
| Waiting for that registrar to release | 5-7 days, depending on the ending | Current registrar / registry |
| Completed, term extended | Minutes | Registry |
No, provided you do not change DNS at the same time
A transfer changes which registrar is responsible for renewing the domain and holding the record. It does not change which server the domain points at. Keep the nameservers as they are and the website and mail carry on working.
What does cause trouble is changing DNS provider or editing records during the transfer. Two changes at once make it very hard to work out which one caused the problem. Wait until the transfer has completed and the status has settled.
Rule these out first
See which stage it has reached at any time.
Most endings extend the expiry date by a year.
So it cannot immediately be moved again.
A good moment to check the registrant details.
Many domains at once, each with its own result.
Fix the cause and resubmit at no extra cost.
The transfer fee is one year of renewal for that ending. There is no separate handling charge and no requirement to buy anything else. The exact amount is shown at checkout.
For most generic endings, such as .com, .net and .org, a successful transfer adds a year to the existing expiry date. A few registries work differently, and the order states whether a year is added.
With most registrars, not replying in time counts as approval, but practice varies. Follow whatever the message asks for - the common failure is somebody clicking decline by mistake.
An unfinished transfer is not charged. If a charge was taken and the transfer was refused, it returns to your account credit and you can resubmit once the cause is fixed.
Technically yes, but we advise against it. Doing both at once makes faults hard to attribute. Change DNS after the transfer has completed.
Not if the nameservers stay as they are. A transfer does not alter DNS, so both keep working.
Open the page for this service and finish in a few steps. If you would rather ask first, a ticket reaches a person.